BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Feb 24, 2010

This was a long day....

This was a long and eventful day, but that's another story. I was able to go to Publix and I think I did pretty good. The woman behind me even asked where do I find all my coupons, so that was cool. I spent $76.30 and saved $115.22, I think that's the most ever.

My Really Cool Savings
  • 10 boxes of Kraft mac-n-cheese for $3.90- normally $1.29 ($12.90 for 10)
  • free box of Puffs tissue- $1.99
  • 6 Chapsticks for $2.94- normally $1.49 ($8.94 for 6)
  • 3 free Gillette deodorant and 3 free Gillette body wash plus overage (meaning I got paid for buying these products)- my overage was $1.53 and I saved $23.34
  • 1 free bottle of Excedrin- $4.69
Penny Item for the Week
The penny item for the week was Publix brand toilet paper. Well we didn't need that, so I didn't buy the paper. No big deal. Well when I get to the store I see the mystery penny item spot and it's not toilet paper, it's grape juice. I was not happy because we go through juice here, especially grape. When I ran into a cashier I know, who is wonderful about coupons, I asked her about it. She said, "There was enough toilet paper, so the store switched to juice." I told her I didn't grab a paper because I didn't need/want toilet paper. She told me to grab a juice and hop in her line and she would take care of it, so that was great of her. I love those cashiers that coupon and understand. I think that is one reason why I think it is important to get to know your cashier, especially the ones that coupon. They are really nice and understand.

0 comments: