BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Mar 3, 2010

WOW, what a Shopping Day

Saving More than Spending
Where do I start, let's see... as I was getting my list/budge it ready for the shopping trip to Publix, I figured I was going to probably spend somewhere between $50 and $60 after coupons. Which that in itself it's bad. So I stayed to my list, got maybe a few things that weren't on my list, but I figured I would be okay. I get to the check out line & freak myself out at first. I looked down and my bill was over $70 dollars, then I realized she wasn't finished with coupons, whew. When she finished putting in all the coupons my bill was $40.47 and I saved $166.72. That was so cool. I had 59 coupons worth over $100, plus my store savings. I don't know about you, but that's a lot of coupons for that poor woman to click. I even "prank" texted my husband and had him thinking I spent a lot of money. This was my BEST trip ever. I LOVE COUPONS!!! When I got home, I unpacked everything, put it on the counter and took a picture. That was over $200 worth of groceries for $40. You can't beat that. I had a lot of good coupons, but the item that sticks out the most is the deal I got was on Oscar Mayer Lunchables Subs. They were on sale 10/$10. (At Publix you don't have to buy 10 to get them for a dollar.) As I passed them, I remember I had a coupon for something like that, so I looked. The coupon was $1 off 1 and I had 10 of them. Those coupons were peelies on the macaroni n cheese box I bought last week and the week before. Cool, I got 10 of those lunchable things for free. That was a nice find. Another neat deal I got 2 packs of Oreos and 2 packs of Cakesters for $1.99. Check out My Real Cool Savings for more of my great deals I got today.
New Coupon Books
There has been talk on IHP and SS about 2 coupon books Publix should have. I found them today and grab a few. That was a nice find at the beginning of my shopping adventure. The nice thing about those books are the fact that I will be ablt to use most of the coupons in them. Sometimes when I find a coupon book I can only use a few of the many in the booklet. I'm looking forward to going through them and getting match ups that go with them, to save even more.

0 comments: